Lesson 5 is live! At the end of Lesson 5 there is a simple question to answer to keep your progress going—this class is all about taking action, so join your group now so that you're ready when that part of the video comes up.
Welcome to day 5 of the Raise Your Digital Kid™ program! In today's lesson, we're going to dig into Online Kindness. This is, by far, my favorite lesson!
BENEFIT FOR YOU:
You are literally changing the face of the Internet. #BeTheChangeYouWantToSee (*That means something.)
BENEFIT FOR YOUR KIDS:
They will become the change. (*And they’ll be so busy doing GOOD things online, that they won’t have time for the bad stuff. That means something, too! #fact)
Let's get started!
Watch the first video before proceeding with the main part of today’s lesson, found in video #2.
VIDEO 1: RAISING A DIGITAL KID WITHOUT HAVING BEEN ONE (13:10)
VIDEO 2: ONLINE KINDNESS (20:03)
RESOURCES + LINKS
- [Name Withheld]: Anonymity and Its Implications on Palmer School of Library and Information Science: bit.ly/kindness-maureen
- The Day My Blog Ruined My Life on SheKnows: bit.ly/kindness-jill
- Kids Read Mean Tweets (Clean Version) on YouTube: bit.ly/kindness-tweets
- YOU LOOK DISGUSTING on YouTube: bit.ly/kindness-em
- Online Kindness Challenge on These Little Waves LLC: bit.ly/kindness-wins
- Kids Creating Ripples Of Good Online on DigCit Utah: bit.ly/kindness-utah
- In the age of online bullying, Maeser Prep students are tweeting compliments instead on the Daily Herald: bit.ly/kindness-hayden
- #KindnessWins on Instagram: bit.ly/kindness-instagram
HAVE A QUESTION?
Our course Q & A Webinar will be on Wednesday, May 24th at 11:AM CST. I'll be answering your specific questions that come up for you throughout the week, so feel free to start writing your questions in the Questions section on the Webinar page as you work through each day's lessons. Even if you can't tune in live, use this opportunity to ask specific questions and you can see the answers when you watch the replay.