Lesson 4 is live! At the end of Lesson 4 there is a simple question to answer to keep your progress going—this class is all about taking action, so join your group now so that you're ready when that part of the video comes up.
Welcome to day 4 of the Raise Your Digital Kid™ program! In today's lesson, we're going to dig into Online Wisdom. This is truly the "pivot" lesson. Once your kids "get" these concepts, you can breathe a whole lot easier!
BENEFIT FOR YOU:
You can rest assured that your kids get it—YES, your future mother-in-law / college admissions officer / hiring manager will see that tweet!—AND not only that? They know EXACTLY what to do about this fact. (*Psst—once they have this down, you can back off of monitoring! #CanIGetAnAmen)
BENEFIT FOR YOUR KIDS:
They won’t be THAT kid in THAT (in)famous story. Not ever.
Watch the first video before proceeding with the main part of today’s lesson, found in video #2.
VIDEO 1: HOW ONE TWEET CAN RUIN YOUR LIFE BY JON RONSON (17:11)
VIDEO 2: ONLINE WISDOM (20:50)
- Pop into your Facebook group and share your prediction—which person do you think will "inspire" that "cringe" face in your child? Remember to come back and tell us if you were right! Start with #RYDK
RESOURCES + LINKS
- Highly recommend: Jon Ronson's So You've Been Publicly Shamed
- Dad speaks out about racist, bullying videos sent to his daughter on AOL: bit.ly/wisdom-brad
- Getting the skinny on Twitter's 'Cisco Fatty' on NBC News: bit.ly/wisdom-connor
- 'Overnight, everything I loved was gone': the internet shaming of Lindsey Stone on the Guardian: bit.ly/wisdom-lindsay
- 3 Huge Reasons Abercrombie CEO Mike Jeffries Lost His Job on The Street: bit.ly/wisdom-mike1
- An Open Letter from a ‘Fat Chick’ to Mike Jeffries, CEO of Abercrombie And Fitch on HuffPost: bit.ly/wisdom-mike2
- Friday Night Meatballs: Building Community One Dinner At A Time: http://www.fridaynightmeatballs.com
HAVE A QUESTION?
Our course Q & A Webinar will be on Wednesday, May 24th at 11:AM CST. I'll be answering your specific questions that come up for you throughout the week, so feel free to start writing your questions in the Questions section on the Webinar page as you work through each day's lessons. Even if you can't tune in live, use this opportunity to ask specific questions and you can see the answers when you watch the replay.