Lesson 3 is live! At the end of Lesson 3 there is a simple question to answer to keep your progress going—this class is all about taking action, so join your group now so that you're ready when that part of the video comes up.
Welcome to day 3 of the Raise Your Digital Kid™ program! In today's lesson, we're going to dig into Online Safety.
BENEFIT FOR YOU:
Learn how to monitor the right way, with the purpose of teaching, and while 100% respecting your children's privacy.
BENEFIT FOR YOUR KIDS:
They’ll have the single lifelong skill they need to make safe choices anywhere they go online—with or without you. #winning
Watch the first video before proceeding with the bonus part of today’s lesson, found in video #2.
VIDEO 1: ONLINE SAFETY (31:51)
VIDEO 2: BONUS THIS IS HOW TO DO PHONE CHECKS (16:23)
- Pop into your Facebook group and share how you're going to start your first Together Check™ with your kids. What will you ask or say? Start with #RYDK
RESOURCES + LINKS
- Ermahgerddon: The Untold Story of the Ermahgerd Girl on Vanity Fair: bit.ly/maggie-safety
- The 17 Best (or Worst) Celebrity Apologies on ENews: bit.ly/apology-1
- Ex-Eagan teacher who stalked 12-year-old via Snapchat gets probation on The Pioneer Press: bit.ly/cody-safety
- Dad horrified to find vile messages in popular game on son's iPad on KidSpot: bit.ly/roblox-safety
- Charlie Sheen Tweets Personal Phone Number Intended For Justin Bieber on The Huffington Post: bit.ly/charlie-safety
HAVE A QUESTION?
Our course Q & A Webinar will be on Wednesday, May 24th at 11:AM CST. I'll be answering your specific questions that come up for you throughout the week, so feel free to start writing your questions in the Questions section on the Webinar page as you work through each day's lessons. Even if you can't tune in live, use this opportunity to ask specific questions and you can see the answers when you watch the replay.