Lesson 1 is live! At the end of Lesson 1 there is a simple question to answer to keep your progress going—this class is all about taking action, so join your group now so that you're ready when that part of the video comes up.
Welcome to day 1 of the Raise Your Digital Kid™ program! In today's lesson, we're going to kickstart your Ongoing Dialogue with your kids about this topic.
BENEFIT FOR YOU:
A simple-non-awkward way to get that convo started.
BENEFIT FOR YOUR KIDS:
Honestly? The same—it’s awkward for them, too! I’ll teach you my signature, dead-simple, and FUN way to have this (+ any) BIG TALK that’ll really get you and your kids talking and on the same page.
Let's get started!
Watch the first video before proceeding with the main part of today’s lesson, found in video #2.
VIDEO 1: 10 WAYS TO HAVE A BETTER CONVERSATION BY CELESTE HEADLEE (11:44)
VIDEO 2: ONGOING DIALOGUE (19:04)
- Pop into your Facebook group and share how you're going to start this conversation with your kids. Which strategy will you use? Start with #RYDK
RESOURCES + LINKS
- Negative Effects of Technology on Society on Teen Ink: bit.ly/media-example-1
- Steve Jobs Was a Low-Tech Parent on The New York Times: bit.ly/media-example-2
- Teen Creates App So Bullied Kids Never Have To Eat Alone on NPR: bit.ly/media-example-3
- Dad horrified to find vile messages in popular game on son's iPad on KidSpot: bit.ly/media-example-4
- Valedictorian Anonymously Posted Kind Words About Classmates On Instagram For Nearly A Year on HuffPost: bit.ly/media-example-5
- The Secret Language of Girls on Instagram on TIME: bit.ly/media-example-6
HAVE A QUESTION?
Our course Q & A Webinar will be on Wednesday, May 24th at 11:AM CST. I'll be answering your specific questions that come up for you throughout the week, so feel free to start writing your questions in the Questions section on the Webinar page as you work through each day's lessons. Even if you can't tune in live, use this opportunity to ask specific questions and you can see the answers when you watch the replay.